Fashion on a budget, makeup tutorials, simple recipes, and all things girly!

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Makeup Tutorial: Barbie Pink

I decided to do a step-by-step tutorial with pictures this time, as it will be easier to follow :) I might try a video next time, if I don't get too embarrassed!

I started out by applying a primer (Bare Minerals Prime Time) to my entire lid, and letting it dry. I then applied a layer of shimmery light pink eyeshadow, such as MAC Seedy Pearl.
Next, I applied a highly pigmented hot pink shadow (MAC Swish) to my crease, and made sure to deposit the color densely. It looks strange before you blend it, but I promise it will look better. I use MAC #239 eye shader brush for this, and pretty much any eyeshadow application. It's my go-to brush!
Next, I blended the hot pink and light pink shadows thoroughly, adding more light and dark as needed to create a gradient. I also added a off white highlighter under my brow (MAC Nylon). I use MAC #213 fluff brush for highlighting.
I then used a stiff brush, wetted, and matte black shadow to create eyeliner. I prefer MAC #266 small angle brush for eyeliner, and MAC Carbon eyeshadow. You could also use a stick or wet liner, but I prefer the control that the shadow and brush gives me. I also added a very thin black liner along my lower lashline.

To finish the eyes, I applied two coats of mascara on top, and one on the bottom. Maybelline Great Lash is my pick for mascara. Cheap and classic!
I then blended MAC Pro Longwear concealer under my eyes, and MAC Studio Fix foundation on the rest of my face using a foundation brush. I do any wet foundation with my MAC #190 foundation brush. I set the foundation with MAC Mineralize Powder using a MAC #182 buffer brush.
I completed the look with shimmery pink blush (MAC Style Demon) and hot pink-purple lipstick (MAC Pink Plaid).
Kisses and Cupcakes,
Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment