Fashion on a budget, makeup tutorials, simple recipes, and all things girly!

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Cape Cod Style

I am just now getting around to posting my vacation pictures! We were in Massachusetts for 9 days, with 8 of them being in Cape Cod. One glorious day was spent in Cambridge/Boston, and we also stopped over in Connecticut for one day on the way home. This was all very exciting to me, as I had never been to that part of the country. It is quite different from the South, in weather and in culture. The town we stayed in, Chatham, is very clean, safe, and rich. I didn't see one homeless person the entire time, which was odd. The houses are all quite similar, being the Cape Cod style. There was a cool breeze even on the warmest of days. It was very nice. I enjoyed it quite a bit, with Cambridge being the highlight of my trip. I can't wait to go back!

Photo by my boyfriend, Jason Dunn. This was taken at Rock Harbor, on low tide.
Dinner at Jason's aunt and uncle's house, where we stayed for our vacation.
dress- Rue 21, sweater- Express, earrings- gift (from Lake Tahoe)
Our first full day in town was filled with sightseeing and visiting cool museums. This was taken at the Three Sisters Lighthouses.
I got this lovely bracelet at the Salt Pond Visitor's Center. It's a true love knot, since it has no end :)
capris and tank- Forever 21, sweater- Rodarte for Target
My boyfriend and I explored Orleans and Chatham on our third day, and put our toes in the cold water at Nickerson State Park.
dress- thrifted, shell necklace- Hilton Head, SC (small gift shop), bracelet- H&M, earrings- Limited
This photo was taken in Provincetown, where Jason's aunt and uncle lived. They threw a memorial party in his uncle Scott's honor. It was sad, because I never got to meet him, but it was nice to meet everyone else.
Scott's daughter, Ashley and her friend Alabama with me.

dress- Guess, flats- Blowfish, necklace- Wet Seal, earrings- vintage
Photo by Jason, at the dunes in Provincetown. We scattered Scott's ashes this day; it was very sad.
We also walked around downtown Wellfleet, and I nearly passed out from not eating!

dress- Forever 21, necklace- Charming Charlie, earrings- Express
This was on our day in Cambridge. I am holding a mochi ice cream here, and therefore am very happy! I thoroughly fell in love with this town.
Me with the statue of John Harvard, aka the statue of three lies. This isn't actually him, Harvard wasn't founded in the year that is listed, and it was not founded by John Harvard!

bodysuit and shorts- Forever 21, flats- Target, necklace and bracelet- H&M

On our last day in Massachusetts, we drove to Falmouth so I could get a cupcake! On the way, we stopped in Yarmouth Port at the delightful Optimist Cafe. My favorite restaurant of the whole trip!
entire outfit- Forever 21
We were mostly in the car for our last two days, minus the stop in Connecticut. I wore the above shirt with some dark skinny jeans, and on the way home I just wore a black tunic and leggings. Not picture worthy!

shirt- TJMaxx, chain necklace- Charming Charlie

I am off to Savannah this weekend before I start my new (maybe 2!) jobs. I'm so excited for this new chapter of my life to start. Also, I chopped my hair off! Pics to come :)

Kisses and Cupcakes,
Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment